Sunday, April 01, 2007


Angry Deadbeat Dads Protest Pizza Place
The Deadbeat Dads are upset because a Ohio child
enforcement agency worked has put their pictures on pizza boxes at
three local pizzerias.
They decided to hold a protest outside one of the pizzerias this weekend.
Instead of complaining about how "unfair" it is that they have to pay support and that the court system is out to get them, why don't they use their time more wisely and go out and work so they can pay the support the owe? This way they won't have to worry about seeing themselves on a pizza box the next time they order pizza.
I am starting to get some emails from angry deadbeats myself. Here is one
I received today:

"Why do you people keep saying child support goes to the children? It goes to the custodial parent (mom) and she does whatever she wants with it. It's a blatant lie to describe it any other way. You are duplicitous and clueless about the realities of the system and it's effects on children. You care about mom not the children."
Here is my reply:
"I think the children need to come first, not the parents.
As a mother of four children whose ex-husband did not pay
child support for a year, I think I do know first hand how
devastating it is to the children. My ex left his family with no money,
a mortgage, credit card bills and household expenses.

The child support my ex now pays goes to feed my children and
that is about as far as it goes. I pay for all
clothing,activities, sports,camp ect.. Not to mention the roof over
the heads.

I do not know your situation. But did you know there are
also mothers who do not pay child support? There are much
more men, hence the term "deadbeat dads".

Most women who do not receive support for their kids
are struggling to take care of them.Do some women abuse
the system? Possibly, I have not personally encounter a
single mom who has used her children's support for herself, but
I am guessing that you may have. The majority are just trying to support
their kids in the best way that they can. It is hard to be a single
parent with sole financial responsibility for your children.

Thank you for writing. I hope your situation, whatever it may
be improves."

So what do you think? Do you agree with me that Deadbeat parents
should be displayed on pizza boxes?

No comments: