Wednesday, November 26, 2008


Can You be Grateful This Year Despite Your Divorce?..
I know how hard it is when you are in the middle of a divorce to think of anything but. It seems like the divorce consumes your thoughts every waking moment. You can think of little else. But with Thanksgiving tomorrow, can you muster up some things to give thanks for? Even during the toughest of times there is always something to be grateful for.
Here is my list:
My four beautiful, healthy children
My two adorable dogs and two precious cats.
My loving mother and brother
My wonderful friends and business associates
My patient and caring boyfriend
Living in sunny Florida
My good health, my home, my car and other possessions
My divorce-Can't imagine still being married to my ex!
My ex- for the life lessons I learned during my divorce
The woman who broke up my marriage- Without her I would still be
married to the ex!
I could go on and on but you get the point. Make your own list and I promise you will feel better. Being grateful makes you focus on the good things in your life and what you focus on expands. Why not try thinking about what you are thankful for every day instead of just on Thanksgiving? By getting into the habit of appreciation, you will start attracting more good things to appreciate into your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: