Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why I Am Grateful For My Divorce...
When I hear from women who are considering divorce because they are trapped in an unhappy marriage, it makes me so grateful that I am no longer in an unhappy marriage myself.
I had convinced myself during my marriage that everything was fine and considered myself happily married. But it wasn't until I divorced that I realized how unhappy I actually was.
I cringe when I hear stories of women who are stuck in a marriage where their husband controls their every move. Some husband's even "punish" their wives by taking away credit cards or cash. My ex used to lock me off the computer when he was angry. He would put a code on it so I could not log on. I did not realize it at the time, but he was attempting to control me and that was a sign of emotional abuse.
I am so blessed now to be my own person, free to make my own decisions and live my life the way I choose to, not having to worry constantly about pleasing someone else.
You may be going through a divorce right now or contemplating one and feel overwhelmed, hurt and angry. Those emotions are normal and you need to go through the stages of grief to let go of your marriage and move on. But someday soon, you will see things in a different light. Once you start enjoying your new life, post divorce, you too will come to appreciate your new found freedom and discover a brand new life, better than before.

No comments: